Welcome to Jim Sherry's Web Site
There are five main sections to the site.
- Bio/Resume - Includes biographical information about me, and a link to my current resume.
- Writing Samples - Includes descriptions and links to samples of the four major types
of writing I have done.
- Academic Writing - Articles I have written in the fields of art and literature as an Adjunct Professor and PhD in English.
- Journalistic Writing - Articles I have written for various newspapers.
- Screenplay Writing - Screenplays I have written based on novels that I love.
- Technical Writing & Instructional Design - Documents and training modules I have created as a technical writer and instructional designer for a major telecommunications company.
- Teaching - Includes information about my teaching career and courses I've taught.
- Family - Information about my wonderful family.
- Contact Info - The best way to reach me.
I am currently working on a web site devoted to the 18th century caricaturist, James Gillray. The site includes biographical information about Gillray and the people he caricatured, a discussion of Gillray's printmaking techniques, some analyses of prints of Gillray's that appear on the site, and some background about the creation of the site itself. But perhaps the most valuable part of the site is a chronological catalogue of Gillray's prints including the size, orientation, and the most prominent locations of copies of that print. A first draft of the site went up on June 1st, the 200th anniversary of Gillray's death at http://www.james-gillray.org.
After a successful premiere on June 22nd, 2012 at TheaterLab on 14th Street in New York City, Lady Susan was given two additional performances at the Triangle Theatre on September 21st and 22nd, 2012. EXCERPTS are available on my screenplay writing page. You can also see a three-minute trailer composed of clips from the TheaterLab performance.